Thursday, January 22, 2009

so what's next?

Congratulations to those of you who completed your fast. And "more power to ya" to those who are still going. I'm going to Saturday, but I certainly look forward to Sunday when I get to celebrate Brannon's Grandma Lila's birthday with who knows what yummy food.

For those of you who had a "cheat day" during the fast, you can probably tell us from experience that we need to take it easy getting back on regular food. No trips to the Chinese buffet. No greasy anything. You'll regret it if you do! Just add in a few things at a time in sensible portions.

I'd love for you to stick around here with your resident Metacognician. I'm going to continue writing some thoughts about a different chapter of the Bible each day for a while. My LifeGroup and I have made a commitment to read a chapter of the Bible every day this whole year. Of course several of them will read the same chapter over and over for a week just to let it sink in (starting with James).

Whatever your plan, share this website with anyone you think will like it. And as always, I love to read your comments as we move forward through 2009.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

My stomach has definitely shrunk. I eat smaller amounts and am going to try and keep it that way. I have not made a definite commitment yet, but I was pondering on fasting the first 3 days of every month for the year. Kind of like a tithe of my month. I will let you know.

Bea said...

Yippee! For all those who have taken the road less travelled to begin this year! God is faithful, even when we take baby steps. Set a new goal and walk on,my friends. Our 'Daddy, Abba Father, is right there leading and cheering us on. Feel His prescence and hear His whisper as He goes before you.