Friday, May 8, 2009

Psalm 42

Put your hope in God.

That is the simple truth. He is the only One in whom hope can be found. He is powerful. He is able. He is faithful. He is good. He loves me like crazy and I am special to Him. I was uniquely crafted for His purpose and pleasure. I am His.

You know grown-ups used to tell kids not to cross their eyes or make silly faces because they might get stuck that way. I want to get stuck on putting my hope in God. I don't want to have to turn my focus to Him. I want it to already be there when bad news or oppression hits.

Thanks to my sweet amiga Hilda who preached me happy this evening. I was able to return the favor to another friend who's staggering too. And you know what? I'm sick of staggering. I want my swagger back.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Good preaching, girl!!!