Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Revelation 3

I picked this chapter in honor of Francis Chan Day. Although I saw him and spoke with him (VERY briefly) on Thursday, today we welcome him to our church to record a message for One Prayer.

I already wrote about how I like the repeated refrain of "hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches." That's a lot of what I think One Prayer is about. Realizing that God is saying the same things to His church all over the world.

But the reason it reminds me of Francis Chan is the message to the church at Laodicea. One of the first messages I heard of his was called Lukewarm and Lovin' It. (When the text is a different color that means you can click on it. This one takes you to YouTube to watch it but it's about 40 minutes long.) That's what is so prevalent in the world today. People who have no burning zeal for God, but think they are doing just great.

I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

I don't know about you, but I'm not OK with being wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I want to be the glorious, beautiful, unified, supernaturally powerful, vibrant, thriving Church of Christ.

I can't wait to hear what he (and Jentezen Franklin) have to say to us today.

0 comments: