Thursday, July 2, 2009

1 Corinthians 2

I chose a verse from this chapter to be on the cover of my wedding invitations. It wasn't the fancy colorful kind they have nowadays. It was like a folded white card with gold and pink embossed lettering. Very 1991.

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has entered into the heart of man the things God has prepared for those that love him."

Ain't that the truth. I knew from that time that I couldn't imagine what amazing ride God had prepared for us as a young couple. But I would never have guessed what I'm doing today. Six years ago I was in a career that I loved in a school that I would have retired from. (Plus I had summers off. But that's a different post.) But God had a different idea. Something bigger and better.

For the task He has set before me today, I will truly need wisdom that only comes from God's Spirit inside me. I will need the mind of Christ.

It is so much more thrilling to be called upon to do something you know you can't do. I just don't have it in me. But I have Him in me. And that's all that counts.

2 comments:

Bea said...

Yes, indeed! God has done exceedingly abundantly more than I could have ever asked or thought. What a ride. Often, I muse inside myself of "I don't have a clue" as to how to do something HE asks of me. BUT, HE always comes through and it is such a joy. Man, I am so happy I found Jesus as a child and have walked through life as an "adventure in Faith".
HE has been so very faithful, HE is my best friend!

Bea said...

I'd love to see your post on summers off. I sure can't imagine giving mine up, although I have always taught summer school.