Monday, July 20, 2009

2 Corinthians 10

Let he who boasts, boast in the Lord.

I am so excited about what all God is doing all around me. It seems like there's really a lot all stirred up. It gives me hope and strength and builds my faith. I have so much that God has swirling up in my heart. But it's a lot easier to write boldly about it than really cast vision for it with the right people who can make it happen. So this chapter encourages me. Paul was sort of like that too evidently.

Well, I want to be like him in another way too. I want to compare myself to the standard God has set for my life, not against others or man's expectations of me. So that's what I'll meditate on today. To not get all proud of myself when people think a lot of me and also not feel beat down when they don't think much of me. They don't matter. Only what God thinks of me matters.

0 comments: