Thursday, July 23, 2009

Isaiah 9

It seems a weird thing to say in July, but I'm thinking about Christmas. Not just the meaning of it then, but that it means something very personal to each of us. I am putting together my thoughts for the Christmas series for our elementary kids at church (which just takes 4 months to produce evidently!) and I keep thinking of the words "When Jesus Came."

When Jesus came, He didn't just come to Mary or to the shepherds of wise men or even the whole of first century Judea. He came to us. All of us. For unto US a child was born. Unto US a son is given. We, not just the Jews of that day, were walking in darkness and have seen a great light. Day has dawned upon US.

I want this Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace to come to me. When Jesus came into my life, what changed? What is different? What is better? How should I respond? What should my attitudes and actions reflect this priceless gift?

I want kids (and all mankind really) to hear the personal stories of when Jesus came. Not just Christmas ones, but life-change moments that occurred as a result of Jesus coming unto all of us. Do you have a story? Tell about how you responded to when Jesus came to you.

0 comments: