Thursday, October 22, 2009

Psalm 121

Does this comfort you like it does me? I wonder sometimes if people feel spied on, or guilty, or creeped out thinking about someone watching over them that never sleeps. I love it. I love the opening thought of looking up into the mountains and being reminded of our wonderful watchful Father. Nothing escapes His notice.

Now that also leaves me with the reminder that when things are going on that I don't like, He is watching over that too. So although my Daddy is watching me, the stuff that happens He is allowing. I think that automatically makes it easier for me to walk through tough stuff to know that there is some rhyme and reason to it in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, I love this psalm. I will meditate today on my God who never sleeps watching over me.

0 comments: