Monday, November 9, 2009

Isaiah 42

See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare;
before they spring into being I announce them to you.

Sing to the LORD a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth...

I love how excited God is to announce the new things He is planning. Here He is getting all riled up about sending Jesus. And all of this is hundreds of years still before His birth. But to God of course, that's all just a blink of an eye. I actually think it's not just that time passes differently for Him because He's eternal, I think time is a mental construct that we experience because He created us to be a part of a physical finite existence. We can't process existence outside of time. But of course He can. He's who made it.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about what to do next writing-wise. Last year at this time, I feel like God led me to start this blog. Not for you really (although I hope a few people have enjoyed it) but for me. I've never really journaled about the Bible for any decent amount of time. I tended to just blaze through the One Year Bible haphazardly and without really ever taking time to process and learn from what I was reading. So I started this blog as a dialog with God really about what He was saying to me through His Word. And instead of trying to read through the whole thing in order, I decided to just commit to read one chapter a day and really meditate on it. So that's what Metacognician has become. But now, in just about six weeks from now, it will be over.

So here's what I believe God is leading me to do now. I still plan on reading and meditating on the Bible every day. That would be silly to say I would quit. It would be paramount to saying I was going to forget to eat most of the time. Which has never happened I assure you. But what I'm going to do is use a new Twitter account I set up called Metacognician to send not more than 140 characters (the Twitter limit) to micro-blog about what I read. I'll tweet a link to what I'm reading via the YouVersion.com online Bible and then a quick statement or something about what God's saying to me through it. And that will be that. I won't close this blog, and I may come back to it occasionally, but it seemed the wrong thing to do to turn this blog into something different.

So for the something different. I am currently seeking God about some really serious direction about the overall teaching methodology and content development of the curriculum that my team creates. It's sort of my role to guide that part of the process and I see lots of value in trying to invite people in to the mental (and spiritual) process that God is leading me through in all of the various areas. There are amazing people I've met and many people who serve on our campuses in either staff or volunteer roles who I think would not only love to get an inside peek at where things are headed but would also be an invaluable source of input and feedback and guidance and even prayer support. Many of these people are ones I rarely get a chance to really spend quality time just dreaming and planning and thinking and learning. So although I am very much going to continue to realize my calling to be the metacognician God has created me to be, I am going to put my time writing to a more immediately practical use to the specific part I play in His big story.

So I am letting you know now, that you are going to get "in on the ground floor" of all of this. I have already registered another blog name and will start putting the framework together for it, but I will not switch over to it until January 1st. I will sing to the Lord a new song. And I can't hardly wait!

2 comments:

YankeeAmanda said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what you cook up! :)

Bea said...

Hummmmm
You will have to help me with the technology end of it, but I will love following your journey. Have loved the Metacog this year!!