Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ephesians 5

There sure are a lot of ways that imitating God. This chapter has a lot of them. Watching our mouths. Caring for our spouse. But even if you made a list you couldn't keep up with it all. I don't think we can do a very good job of imitating God without His power. But list or no list, it is pretty much summed up there in that first verse. Live a life of love.

I've got a lot on my mind this weekend. Lots of people that need lots of love. But I'm not going to be able to do it alone. Trying to imitate God is way too hard. It's going to take strength and character traits I don't even have. But He does.

1 comments:

Bea said...

John 14:5 sums it up. Like us, Thomas, couldn't see the way, but Jesus said I AM THE WAY!!!! Nice directions. He will help you and me know the way.