Wednesday, December 31, 2008

so spoiled

Tonight on my date night, Brannon and I argued in jest about our favorite Bible translation. I like NLT for readability and NASB for accuracy plus I use Biblegateway online to sort through about a dozen choices to handpick the verses I use in my kids' curriculum. He sticks with ESV for being a nice combo. It struck me how amazingly privileged I am to have such a conversation. God's Holy Written Word at my fingertips in any translation, color, binding, any feature I want.

Right now, at this very moment possibly, my cousin is tediously working with a small team to complete a project to compile what they call the "Forty Stories." This will be the first chance for the Dong people in China to hear God's Word in their own language ever. God is so marvelous and so vast, yet so gracious to speak to us through His Word. I want to live in a way that honors His lovingkindness.

0 comments: