Thursday, January 15, 2009

fast day fifteen: Daniel 10

Finally we're to the part this whole fast idea comes from. The 21 days. Not much detail to birth a huge movement of prayer! It's pretty cool that one little reference could spur us to action centuries later.

I hope the story behind this story excites you as much as it does me. From the moment you started this fast, from the time you first brought your prayer to God, He has been right on top of it! God is already moving to bring about a result for you. His power has been released on your behalf. I don't know if it's healing, favor, restoration, renewal, wisdom, direction, whatever it is you've been praying for, supernatural forces are already battling to bring it about!

I love this little glimpse into the angelic world here. Michael and Gabriel, who aren't named too often elsewhere in the Bible, have their roles revealed. Not just harp-playing messenger boys, but fearsome warriors, battling against dark forces on Daniel's behalf. Do you believe this? Do you aware that a supernatural war is raging all around you and that you are a part of it?

Because of my deep trust for God's plan, I can often be tempted to not bother praying much, especially for a specific desired outcome. But not this time. I've got some really specific requests for God. And we've got one more week until I believe we'll see a breakthrough. If you haven't been seeing much of a breakthrough in your fasting, don't give up. Angels might just be warring right around you.

The stakes are much greater than we think. The battle is real. Join the fight. Feel encouraged and strengthened and continue to pray and fast for one more week! Feel touched by God.

Then the one who looked like a man touched me again, and I felt my strength returning. “Don’t be afraid,” he said, “for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!” As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, “Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me.”

1 comments:

Bea said...

WHOA! This is always sobering---when we know and must just trust that God is moving in our behalf right now, whether we can see it or not. Mostly,we can't see it or there would be no need for Faith and Trust in God's faithfulness to His word. I know He has the solution to all we are believing for--we just have to be single minded, as Brother James will remind us in James 1, and know that we know that we know--God has a plan and purpose for our lives and He will perfect it as we trust in and rely upon Him. Psalms 138:8