Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ecclesiastes 2

We're all going to die! And we can't take anything with us! And no one will remember anything we've done! Do you ever think about stuff like this?

People tell me a lot that I think too much. I've always thought that was an interesting thing to say. It implies that there is some correct amount to think and somehow I have surpassed the limit. Solomon clearly thought "too much" too. And God saw fit to include his ravings in His Holy Word.

Why do you think this chapter is in here? I suspect because it's real. I guess it's all true and people really do wrestle with this stuff. But it also betrays a deeper truth. God is pulling all the strings. God led Solomon to this point and He has led us here to the same point today.

Why did God bring you to read this today? Is it meaningless? I suspect not.

0 comments: