Friday, February 27, 2009

Ezra 4

It hasn't started yet, but I'm prepared for it. Opposition will come. And the story in this chapter points out a really sneaky kind. "Let us help you. We want in on that too!" But Ezra and the other leaders wisely cut them out. Their coordinated campaign of fear, frustration, and discouragement reveal their real motives.

I believe I'm in a place where the foundation has been laid for a move of God in our church of Temple-rebuilding proportions. But there is definitely going to be some opposition. I want to be able to face it with my eyes wide open. Just like in this story, I believe the work will ultimately forge ahead despite setbacks and sidetracks.

There are going to be some people who want to be a part of it that God has not called to that purpose. They will seem like they would be useful advocates. But no matter what letter-writing goes on, I know what I've been called to and will not give up. I wonder how this story relates to others of you in different situations. I'm always pleasantly surprised (which is just silly at this point, I should expect it now) to see Bible stories perfectly lay out the same situation I'm in. If it happens in my life, I imagine you've had similar experiences. Any you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Bea said...

GREAT WISDOM!!!
We are always looking for co workers to join in the battle with us, but this is very wise. Some help is no help at all. Thanks for the reminder.

Tammy said...

Funny... this morning I began to blog again on my own site. I belive it has 3 parts of why I began.... 1)because of the fast I once again gave to Jesus at the beginning of this year. 2)reading your posts, Kendra, and being lifted by my family in Christ. 3)a discussion I had with a friend/mentor yesterday.

God uses me with direct punches. I always smile and hug those around me to assure them that I love them... I am not certain how to have that love show through in my journaling, however. I have always witnessed others saying they are seeking after God, yet time and time again, choosing directions from anyone but His Word.

I witnessed it in the marriage of LifeChurch and MetroChurch, Kendra. You will see those whom you love... run with fear, anger, or even pain; yet, you will know that the change is of GOD. Keep your eyes steadily on Him. God's will shall be done and you don't want to be anywhere else but where He has called you to be and where He is going. Hang on!