Thursday, May 21, 2009

Romans 5

It's weird that I haven't written from Romans more because it's really one of my faves. Tonight though, I came to it because of a story my son Kenny just told me about meeting a friend at Switch. I had him email Brian and Wade, the pastors leading the experience, and this is what he shared with them:

During worship at Switch tonight, in the second to last song, I imagined that there was a big hole in the sky with light shining out from it and God was up there watching us. I really felt God. I knew God was there with me. Earlier, I had realized that the boys I always hang out with didn't ever listen to me and didn't even notice when I was gone for fifteen minutes. So, I was looking for a new friend. But during that experience, I realized that all the time I have at least one. It was one of those too big to be a coincidence things because the song said, "Beautiful Jesus, beautiful Savior, nothing is greater, brilliant Creator, FRIEND of mine." I like it how God can do that. So thanks for leading us tonight.
:) Kenny Golden


What a place of undeserved privilege I stand in. To be a friend of God? That really is just too amazing to comprehend. Right standing with God is awesome. Eternal life with Him is awesome. But it's almost too much to bear to think about this brilliant Creator wanting to be a friend of mine. And not just because He wants or needs to be loved by me, but because of His boundless love for me. Read this chapter and really meditate how much God loves us. I will certainly fall asleep tonight with this chapter and that song on my mind.

You're powerful above this world
The universe is under your command
Your glory shines a holy light
That leads our hearts to praise your holy name is on our lips

Beautiful Jesus, beautiful Savior,
Nothing is greater, brilliant Creator
Friend of mine

Perfect in power, matchless in glory,
Nothing is greater, brilliant Creator
Friend of mine

1 comments:

Bea said...

Jesus is the one and only friend that will never leave you or forsake you and sticks closer than a brother. We can always depend on Him, and yes, it is amazing that HE wants to be our friend.