Friday, May 22, 2009

Revelation 4

Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."

I know there are a lot of ideas about what forever in heaven will be like. I know there are other passages in Revelation about streets of gold and mansions and rivers and fancy gates. But the part that I long for is the endless worship. I have been fortunate recently to be led in some absolutely fabulous worship by Steve Fee at two different events. (I even said hi to him on Monday and told him how much I enjoyed it, so that was nice.) Anyway, as great as Steve Fee is, he's no multitude of angels. I believe that the colors and lights in heaven are something indescribable. That's why John was so random in his descriptions of what he saw. But I also think the sounds will be unlike anything our ears have ever heard. Angels' voices. The deepest part of me aches to join them.

So when everyone else is asking God their list of questions, hobnobbing with Bible celebrities, getting autographs from historical figures, hugging long-lost relatives, and checking out their new digs, I'll be face down with this crew of seraphim and cherubim singing day and night without stopping. All that other stuff sounds nice, but I think it will pale in comparison to His presence. And I can hardly wait.

1 comments:

Bea said...

This is meaty!!! I could respond on each wverse, but gotta' get breakfast redy for a mission team to Guatamala, so better choode one. Just last night I got the opportunity to 'set straight' with someone a misconception I had. I thought it was for her, and I believe it helped her, but God really showed me how I 'read her mind' instead of seeing the whole truth. Had I left it unsettled ( which I usually do to avoid conflict) I would have gone on with an incorrect assumption and thought differently about the person. I learned that things are NOT always as they seem---so don't try to 'read minds'. I knew it and preach it, but really grew through the situation. Thank God for His classroom, although I must say I don't really always like it.