Thursday, June 18, 2009

Psalm 117

If you don't spend many brain cycles on memorizing God's Word, you should. I believe there is power inherent in the words of scripture. This is the shortest chapter of the Bible so you could start here. This is certainly worth memorizing, but to me it can only be read aloud as shouting. I don't know what version you read but every sentence should have exclamation points. Steadfast love. Enduring faithfulness. I certainly don't deserve either. But out mighty God extends both to me without cause.

The Hebrew phrase for praise the Lord used here is Hallelu Yah. I like to praise Him in the language He swore promises of blessings to Abraham in. In the language that came from the burning bush to Moses. In the language that whispered to Isaiah.

I just wrote longer about this chapter than the actual chapter itself. Maybe I should start Twittering to help me learn to communicate in 140 characters. So I'll just stop here.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Blessed be the name of the LORD!!!!!!