Wednesday, June 17, 2009

John 3

So I thought about doing this chapter yesterday and didn't because it's so long and it's really the John the Baptist part I was drawn to. But then my favorite Guatemalan started talking to me about the very verse that led me there. So I guess John 3 it is. :)

John knew who he was and who he wasn't. He understood his role. He knew that although God called him from before his birth, his was a secondary role. At best, the best man. He must decrease and Jesus must increase.

That's what I want my life to be characterized by. Making the path straight for Jesus to come into the world. Pointing others to Him. Not directing. Redirecting. Not the leader. Following the Leader.

1 comments:

Bea said...

AMEN!! MAY HE INCREASE IN ALL OUR LIVES, AND FATHER, HELP US TO DECREASE!!!!!