Saturday, June 27, 2009

Psalm 96

I just came from my daughter's dance recital. It's a Christian dance company so the songs were Jesus-oriented for the most part. Most of the show consisted of groups of kids who had chosen their own song, choreographed their dance together, and come up with their own costuming in three weeks. My favorite (don't tell my daughter) was two sisters dancing to the Britt Nicole song, I Want to Set the World on Fire. The sweet part was that the girls were 16 and barely 2. The older one danced with experience and grace. The younger with blissful abandon.

Most of my life has been lived like the older dancer. I'd rather know the steps and do the moves just right and sing the songs I know the words to. But I think what would bless my Father's heart more is just the joyful worship of an innocent heart who twirls in adoration and has to leave the stage kicking and screaming because I'm never through praising Him. I want to sing to the Lord a new song. I want to bring glory to my God and make His name famous. I want to set the world on fire.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Yes, I loved last night. It was all wonderful to me, but my favorite, and yes, don't tell anyone, was Alexa's, "I Danced Cinderlla". She is a beautiful dancer especailly considering how little dance training she has had. BUT, mostly the message it screams to me. "SAVOR EVERY MOMENT WITH THESE LITTLE BLESSINGS", for soon they will be gone to walk out what we have trained them to do. Hopefully, we pour our lives into walking out the WORD. Hear & Obey the LORD!!!
As we live it in front of them, they will follow us as we follow CHRIST. Thank you, my daughters, for training up your daughters to love & worship the Lord.