Thursday, July 16, 2009

Matthew 7

This chapter is chock full of all kinds of gems straight from the mouth of Jesus. I love to read the gospels in a regular old Bible and not online because I like His words to be RED! This is one of those chapters where I could just stop reading (and thus blogging) right now and just go months without being ready to move on. I mean, to really internalize all that this one chapter contains? That would change your life. You'd be a new you. So much wisdom here. Like a string of pearls. The plank and speck, the stone and snake, the wise and foolish builders, and even the Golden Rule.

But the verse that I carry around with me a lot, the one that drives me to take my calling so seriously is verse 23. "Depart from me, I never knew you."

When I think of this verse, I think of the whole point of my life. To know Him and to lead others to know Him too. To not just know He's God, or even to call Him your Lord, but to follow it up with obedience. I firmly believe that true spiritual maturity is to to know and obey God's voice. Plain and simple. To realize that He loves me and to trust in that love enough to willingly do whatever He asks of me. So then, as a curriculum writer, a mom, a neighbor, and friend, and just a plan old human being on this planet, I must share that love with others.

What's your take on this chapter? How does it challenge you?

0 comments: