Saturday, August 15, 2009

2 Timothy 1

I got to talk to my cousin Cooper in China on the phone today for a few minutes. He's like the cherry on top of an amazing family of people who love God. Just like Paul described about Timothy's family here, I think of the Strange family a lot like that. I love just knowing they're out there loving and serving God with all their hearts. The three boys all married women of faith who love God just like they do. I was down in Texas to celebrate their mother's 60th birthday. It was good to see them all for a very lovely party and I do remember them in my prayers.

But Paul also invites Timothy to share in his sufferings. It's not all about the celebrations and joy. It's also hard work. Suffering. And I think that what inspires me most about the Stranges is that they do in fact share in Paul's sufferings. They work really hard serving God and have made unreal sacrifices to obey Him. I know that they are out there serving God with all their heart and obeying the very difficult things He often calls them to do. I am challenged and compelled recently to crank up the heat of my passion for God and I have a feeling that it is going to result in some really hard stuff. But I will not be ashamed. My God is faithful and will be with me. Just like He clearly is with my cousins.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEA SPROUSE----
I AM QUITE THANKFUL TO BE A PART OF THIS FAMILY AS WELL. THE NEXT GENERATION IS RAISING THE BAR AND GOING FOR THE GOLD. PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!