Sunday, August 16, 2009

2 Timothy 2

So if I'm serving as a soldier, I can picture what it means to stay out of civilian affairs. And if I'm like an athlete, I suppose I get how to play by the rules. But I don't really get the hardworking farmer part. How will I enjoy the fruit of my labor exactly? It says I should meditate on this and God will reveal it to me. But again, more talk of suffering. The only way to make it all worthwhile is to live passionately for the gospel. The story of redemption. Sharing His grace with others.

I wonder if the lines in his trustworthy saying were from a well-known worship song from the time. It sounds like it. It sounds like a reference to something Timothy would also know. Maybe a chant or some other part of corporate worship.

If we die with him,
we will also live with him.
If we endure hardship,
we will reign with him.
If we deny him,
he will deny us.
If we are unfaithful,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot deny who he is.

I often have a worship song stuck in my head. Usually whatever was from the last worship set I've heard. But tonight as I sleep, I'd like to think about these lines. Am I willing to die for Him? Am I willing to endure hardship? Am I willing to remain faithful? Yes. My answer is yes. But I think as with all things, it will be much harder to live out than to profess.

1 comments:

تفتان said...

hi
thanks