Friday, August 21, 2009

Ephesians 3

Wow. What a day. I show up to work and there's breakfast. I'm a sucker for free food. If it were a love language, I'd change mine to that. Then Chuck Dennie led worship. The same superb set from Sunday at NW. Off the chain. Then Christine Caine got up and preached a fiery message. It was awesome but it was similar content to the one I blogged about earlier this week that I had seen on DVD. So good, but I had already seen it. Then my leader and senior pastor took the stage. He articulated and made sense of all of the rumblings in my spirit that have been stirring in me for a long time. He cast vision for a Spirit-led church that I long to be a part of. After a ten minute break, which mostly consisted of me seeking out the others in the crowd I knew would be a psyched as me, we went in for part two of Christine Caine. This time, it was new stuff and really jacked me up. But that wasn't even the half of it. Then she gets up and preaches a word to our staff that really you just either have to get totally excited about or you should turn in your resignation. So I try to work for the afternoon, but then tonight, after a quick dinner with my accountability partner and best friend (one of my favorite salads ever from Interurban), we went to the BeLoved women's event. My good friend Marcy Jackson led worship with a women's choir. Awesome. Cindy Beall hosted the event flawlessly like she's the first lady or something. Amy Groeschel preached (about this chapter), then Christine Caine preached again and really just put the icing on the cake of a perfect day.

God is good. He is on the move. And there's something He wants us to know. He loves us. Dearly. Not an ordinary love. But with a lavish, extravagant, exorbitant, even wasteful love. Read this whole chapter because it's good but park at verses 16-19. I pray that we seek to comprehend this love. I pray that the knowledge of it will stir our faith so deeply that we are moved to pour it out on this lost and broken world. I pray that we are filled with the fullness of God.

0 comments: