Saturday, August 22, 2009

Matthew 16

This is another passage Amy Groeschel used in her message. It was my neighbor Hilda's favorite part. I loved it too. I hope it speaks to you too.

Jesus asked Simon, "Who do you say that I am?" When Peter comes to the full realization of Christ, then Christ reveals to Simon who he is. He is Peter. He receives a new identity in Christ and a calling on his life. Comprehending who Christ is is a pivotal point in our life. The turning point. But Any challenged us to pray it another way. Ask God the same question.

"God, who do You say that I am?"

Then wait for Him to whisper and answer. Wait to hear his call. Wait to hear Him say, "You are my Beloved."

That's all that really matters. God's love being poured out into people and through people and all over the world.

0 comments: