Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hosea 1

So I randomly landed in Hosea earlier. I won't leave him hanging. I'll go back and read the whole book I guess. Although you've got to admit, this is one trippy book. God starts by telling him to marry a hooker. As if that's not bad enough, he has to name his daughter "not loved." Whew. He's one obedient prophet.

I guess what I think is nice about this chapter, is although it was written at such a low point and to such a faithless people, they were not without hope. They were not without love. Here was God faithfully loving them even through their darkest times. Here He is promising Jesus and grace and redemption to them even while their backs are still turned.

I don't think I thank God enough for His faithfulness. I sing about is a lot. So many worship songs speak of it. But His faithfulness is such a gift. I love You Lord. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Help me be faithful to You in the good times and the bad.

1 comments:

Bea said...

OH how HE loves you & me!!!!