Monday, August 10, 2009

Nahum 1

I didn't even really have to check my old posts to know I hadn't written about Nahum yet. He's admittedly obscure. But I like the picture of God drawn here. I like talking to my kids about how every book, every chapter, every feast and festival, every symbol in the Bible helps fill in a big collage portrait of what God is like. And this chapter clarifies a lot. God as jealous and vengeful and good all at the same time. I love Him. I'm not offended at God's wrath. I don't think it's petty or insecure of Him to be jealous either (like Oprah says she feels about Him). He deserves all of our adoration and worship and faithfulness and obedience and flat-out obsession. So I like this picture of God. So I'll read it again today and maybe hang out with Nahum a little longer this week.

0 comments: