Friday, September 25, 2009

Acts 10

I love the detail Luke included in this story because it gives us an outside perspective on how elaborate God's plans are in our lives. This is the story of two men whose lives were changed through their interaction. Cornelius was changed forever. But so was Peter. God did a work in his heart. He carefully prepared each of them through a vision and then backed it up with confirmations. By the time they actually met, everything was in place. Not just geographically but spiritually. They were ready to be changed by God.

I know that when I'm one of the characters in the story it's hard to recognize God's intricate and loving plan. I hope that I will continue to let stories like this one remind me of God's masterful orchestration of our lives. And to remember that even when I think God's using me to influence someone else, that He probably intends just as much for my heart to be changed in along the way too.

0 comments: