Sunday, September 27, 2009

Acts 12

OK, this is a flat-out amazing story, I don't care who you are. Again, thanks to Luke for the incredible play-by-play detail. But since I've heard this story for quite a while it's hard to not read it on autopilot. However, like often happens, one verse jumped out at me. In verse 15, I think it is just bizarre that the believer thought it was more likely for there to be an angel speaking audibly at their front door than for Peter to actually have been released from prison. No doubt, these people were actually even praying for his release, especially after James had just been killed.

When you think about that, you might draw a couple of conclusions. One, that angels aren't that big of a deal. But we know that's not true because they always had to tell people not to be afraid. So then I guess more likely, you could assume that they didn't really expect God to rescue Peter.

I don't know what to make of that. Would I have been any different? How would I have responded to this spectacular miraculous answer to prayer that completely exceeds expectations. I'm not going to have some insightful answer. I don't really know. But it really made me stop and think. so I will search my heart for an answer.

0 comments: