Sunday, October 25, 2009

Psalm 125

Again, not much to say when this already speaks so clearly. If you put your trust in God, you will not be shaken. No matter what kind of news comes. Whether it's accolades or a trip to the emergency room, you will not be moved. It reminds me of the old saying, "don't put your eggs in one basket." But here, God is offering for us to put all of our eggs in His basket with a sovereign promise from the Creator of the universe that they will not be dropped and broken.

I want to go with that. I don't want to hold back one egg in my own hand, cradling it "safely" from the harm I see. I want to entrust everything to Him who sees the storms brewing that I can't see from here. I want to live in the peace only God can give.

Also, I gotta wonder if when God was laying out the topography of the planet, if He surrounded His beloved Jerusalem with hills for just such a psalm as this. That's the kind of God that can be trusted with my piddly treasures such as my possessions, my children, my job, and my friends.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Ahhhhh
TRUST in HIM is the best and only way to live. He has never let us down, not one single time. Even in the times we can't see His hand, it is not too short and is always there!!