Sunday, October 18, 2009

Psalm 9

Those who know your name will trust in you,
for you, Lord, Have never forsaken those who seek you.

I really believe this. To know Him is to trust Him. The more I seek Him the more absolutely certain I am of His abounding love, His powerful forgiveness, His endless mercy, His amazing grace, His sweet kindness, and it compels me to trust Him more and more.

I think this verse and the many others scattered throughout the Bible that bear witness to this same truth are clear directions for how to have faith in God. You have to know Him personally. By name. You have to seek Him. Not just His hand but His face.

I will praise you, O Lord, with my whole heart, I will tell of your wonders...

If you feel reluctant to trust God with something, seek Him. Getting to know Him will not only enable you to trust Him but will cause you to trust Him.

0 comments: