Thursday, November 5, 2009

Revelation 1

This is all such beautiful imagery. I love getting glimpses of what worship is like in heaven. How pure and holy it is. I can't hardly wait until I get to go to Patmos next year and really meditate on this wonderful Revelation.


My other favorite website, Biblegateway.com, did a survey to see who their users would most like to have dinner with from the Bible. Of course Jesus was at the top of the list (He should have been disqualified), but the one I think I would pick didn't make the top 20. I think I would pick John.

For starters, you've got the whole first-hand experience with Jesus. Second, he certainly has the whole love of God thing down pat which is really what I'm seeking right now too. But last but not least, this book. I would want to pick his brain. Maybe there's just a little more he didn't write down. Or what stuff was he just describing because he really had no words for what he was seeing.

Well, the thought I'd like to leave you with is this. If the church is a lampstand, what are we illuminating? Are we staying filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit? Are we shining brightly? Have we placed ourselves on some hard-to-reach altar? Or are we in among the darkness, straining to light the way for the lost?

It's just all such lovely pictures. Good thing to fall asleep thinking about.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Gee--- Can't believe John didn't make the top 20. He would be way up there on my list as well.