Friday, November 6, 2009

Numbers 6

So can you name any notable Nazirites? It's weird how much detail is taken here to describe this vow and its associated rituals and then you don't hear much about it anywhere else. It's kind of like a marketing campaign that just didn't take off. But it's not. It was God's directions to the Israelites which was included in God's Holy Word to us today. So besides Samson, probably the most famous Nazirite, I wonder why it doesn't get much play?



I don't know but I do really like the blessing at the end. I will pray it for you readers.


May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the L
ord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the L
ord show you his favor and give you his peace.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Thank you! I will take that prayer for today, and everyday. Blessings to you.