Monday, December 21, 2009

2 Corinthians 10

I really am struggling with where to start with this chapter. I mean, I read this chapter because I'm trying to go through and pick up the chapters in this book I hadn't done, but spiritually my heart is just a;ready so full from the events of this weekend.

I got to spend the day with my favorite cousins, the three Strange men and their families. Not to say that the rest of the family and friends that were there are sub-par, I just really connect with these because they are seeking God's face to a similar degree to how we are. So it's always just so refreshing to get to hang out with them. They are sweet, unassuming, funny, intelligent, and just every other adjective that makes a group of people good to know.

So in reading this chapter, it's unfortunate that I have nothing to say at all about all of the really great nuggets in this piece of Paul's letter except the last few words. ...the one the Lord commends. That's the one who is approved. Can you imagine a good picture of commendation? I think of a gallant war-worn soldier saluting his Commander in Chief getting a medal pinned to his chest. Would there be anything ever as glorious as that in all the world? To be commended by our Lord? Nothing compares. These precious people who I spent the day with, I can easily picture any one of them receiving such approval from their master. Such a Spirit-filled life they lead. Such a humble inspiration to others.

So that's all I can muster about this chapter for today. The one the Lord commends. I just want to be that one.

3 comments:

Bea said...

Love all your blogs!!!

Bea said...

Love all your blogs!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.