Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 Corinthians 11

So check out that list of Paul's sufferings! That's quite a distinguished list. I really don't know anyone personally who has endured that kind of suffering for the sake of the gospel. But I think we should start trying. Paul told us to follow his example as he follows Christ. When I look at Jesus and Paul, I can see the resemblance. When I look at Paul and me, not so much.

I mean I know I try, but in 2 Tim 3:12 he writes that everyone who wants to live a life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. I do want to live a life in Christ. So I want to up the ante until I'm operating at that threshold. I know it sounds stupid and reckless, but so is going back into a city that just left you for dead. So is getting lowered out of town in a basket because you've stirred stuff up so much.

So that's what I think we should shoot for. Just compare yourself to this every once in a while as a check-up. :)

1 comments:

Bea said...

Sounds like you are wanting to step out of the boat with Peter into the deep! Just keep your eyes on Jesus and you will 'walk on the water'.