Thursday, December 17, 2009

2 Corinthians 3

Two awesome analogies, one convicting action step.

First, the living letter. So beautiful and simple. Our lives should be a living testimony of God goodness and grace, letters of recommendation. The whole imagery of the ink and being written on our hearts is just so pretty. I want what's written about me to give glory to Him. I don't want my letter to be one of those disingenuous letters people write just to be nice when really they just want them to get a job anywhere away from them. I want it to be a breathtaking thriller book!

Second, Moses' face shining and covering it with a veil. So I don't have to tell you, someone's face glowing because they have been so close to God is spectacular. I mean, I've never seen any kind of visible manifestation of that degree. But what we have is better. I don't think we meditate on that near enough. I know I don't. I'd be crazy impressed if someone's face started glowing, but when I see living saints like Lacenda and Ray, the emergency temporary foster parents who have given homes to over 40 kids in 3 years, I want to respond to that degree. Their radiant and glorious spirits just shining God's love to the world.

So both of these have one underlying point which is in the last verse. The Lord is making us more and more like Him and changing us into His glorious image. He's making us look like Him. And until the day that people start confusing me with Jesus, then I'm still not yet quite Christ-like enough. But oh, what a glorious day that will be on the other side.

0 comments: