Sunday, December 27, 2009

2 Thessalonians 1

I am fasting with a group of friends on Facebook, some I know well and some I ave never met. But I came across this chapter and wanted to pray it over that group. So here's my prayer version of this chapter for my fast friends.

God our Father, thank for you this group of people that are committing to draw closer to You. Grant them all grace and peace through Jesus Christ. Let this fast be a time of flourishing for our faith. Let our love for one another grow, even for ones we don't know personally. God I ask you to strengthen us with endurance and faithfulness during this fast. Let the persecutions that may come and the physical hardships we may endure be something You are proud of. God use this persecution to show Your justice. Make us worthy of Your Kingdom, for which we are suffering. 


Let us keep You and Your Kingdom in mind and not our own feelings. Provide rest for their souls Father, but let us feel comforted by knowing that someday we will rest forever in heaven with You when the Lord Jesus appears. Let us be strengthened by a vision of Your returning. Let us not be counted among those who refused to obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus. When You come on that day, I pray that You will receive glory from us, your Church, Your holy people. All of us who believe praise You Father!


I ask You Father to enable us to live a life worthy of Your call. Give us the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. Give us the power to complete this fast that You have prompted us to complete. Lord, we want to honor the name of our Lord Jesus because of the way we live. 


This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

0 comments: