Monday, December 28, 2009

Psalm 16

Today in the grocery store, my son was drawn to the parade or ridiculous gossip on the covers of the tabloids. We've talked about tabloids before and why people write them and why people read them. This time he said something about how he honestly didn't even know who hardly any of the people on the covers are. What immediately struck me about that was how glad I was. He knows who Francis Chan and Andy Stanley are. People like Tripp Crosby, Tyler Stanton, and Jon Acuff are celebrities in his world. Craig Groeschel is a hero to him. I told him how incredibly thankful I was that he didn't know who any of those people are. This psalm has this line in it in the NLT:

The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!


I pray that this chapter continues to be characteristic of where I am with God. I pray that Kenny continues to take pleasure in the godly people in the land. And I pray that this joy and peace and hope is something that you find in Him too.

0 comments: