Friday, December 4, 2009

Psalm 146

"If God is the Creator, what can't He do?" My son and I watched a Francis Chan video together yesterday, Always a good way to spend an hour. My pastor spoke today about being truly blessed. Put those two things together in my head and out comes this chapter as today's blog post.

Here's the deal. There's nothing else worth putting my hope in. All this stuff is such a mirage anyway. The house, the cars, the health, the friends, everything about our existence. Only one thing makes life blessed. Having an intimate relationship with the One who made us. Only the One who made us can give us purpose and fulfillment and peace.

So go on. Put your hope in your savings or your job or your family or your fitness or whatever else. But none of it will last. Read this chapter again and just be reminded of Who He Is.

0 comments: