Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Day After

So let's just say I thoroughly enjoyed lunch and dinner today. But let's also be clear that I paid for it (if you know what I mean!). I'm not exactly sick per se but my body just didn't know what hit it. It was also funny to come to the realization that although I missed the feeling of being full, I realized that honestly, it's not really a pleasant feeling.

Anyway, I'm going to continue with no sweets, no drinks but water and juice, and no meat. I consider that to be a pretty fair modernization of the fast Daniel did in chapter 10. I'm going through 37 days as a tithe of my year which a friend at work challenged me to do.

Thanks for the fun. Let's do it again sometime. Say, in 2011?

4 comments:

Bea said...

Yippee for you! The tithe will be a great beginnibg to your year!! Loved being with all 6 grands last night. You have done an amazing job with them.

Miss Theresa said...

Yes, definitely.

Unknown said...

Kendra,
Enjoyed meeting you at the Orange Tour. And now I am posting so I really qualify as a non-stalker! J/k very encouraging to read how you are tithing to our Creator. Starting to think that I might need to tithe in this way...starting is the key word. ;-)

Bill said...

It's in ink for 2011 and I'm planning on one three weeks before our VBS in June.