Sunday, January 25, 2009

Psalm 27

This psalm is my prayer. Read over it a few times and really personalize it if it helps. With all of the things I'm praying, I sure would like that one thing the most. To just sit in His presence, at His feet, safe in His house forever. But I don't think that's what He's calling me to right now. But even though physically I can't just hide out in church or my prayer chair, I think I can still go through my day wrapped up in His love.

My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.

Man, that is so comforting. The Lord will hold me close. No matter what meeting I'm sitting in or what words are spoken over me or what obstacles arise, the Lord is holding me close.

But my favorite part is the last.

Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

We don't belong here. We weren't made to end up here. We are strangers here and we will never be 100% fulfilled on this earth, yet we don't have to lose heart. We can still be confident that we will see God's goodness while we are in the land of the living. I just want Him to hold me close while I wait for it.

1 comments:

Bea said...

Awesome assurance from our 'Daddy'