Friday, March 13, 2009

Colossians 2

First off, I'd like to give this chapter the nod for being the source of excuses for people to ditch church functions. "I was with you in spirit." Don't bother on that one with me. I don't particularly buy it. Paul probably meant much more by it than we typically do. I think he desperately wanted to be there but couldn't. We usually just mean we picked something else to do that day.

That best thing about this chapter really is it's clear message about Christ and the Law. He canceled it. Buried it. Disarmed it. Triumphed over the bondage it presented to us and freed us to live a life without its burden.

But then he reminds us of an important thing in verse 20. We do not belong to this world. So why do we continue to play by its rules? I really hope that there are many things about the way you live your life that are flat out weird. I want Christ in me to set me apart and make me different. More than anything. I pray that that's what He brings about in all of our hearts.

0 comments: