Saturday, March 14, 2009

Psalm 100

I'm going to write this one out from memory just the way we used to chant/sing it in chapel when I was a little girl in a private Christian school. I can't find this exact wording in any translation but this is the way I carry it in my heart.

O be joyful in the Lord all ye lands! Serve the Lord with gladness and come before His presence with a song!

Be sure that the Lord, He is God! It is He that has made us and not we ourselves! We are His people and the sheep of His pasture!

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise! Be thankful unto Him and speak good of His name!

For the Lord, He is good, and His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations!

These are great commands. Good "self talk" as therapists might call it. I was pretty rusty in my memory of it, but I want to start singing this in the mornings. These bold and truthful statements are a great way to start a day.

I want to come before His presence with a song. I want to remember that He is God and I am not. That He made me just the way I am and I can't take credit (or blame) for any of it. That I am His sheep--cared for and protected and loved and known by name.

0 comments: