Friday, May 15, 2009

Psalm 30

Why oh why do I always end up on Psalms. There are 150 of them I guess. But this time, it was because of verses 11 and 12. Mourning into dancing. I've remember first liking that phrase when I was a teenager. There was some cheesy 80's Christian pop song that had that as a chorus. But really this whole psalm is a good word to me because what I've been praying for most earnestly is God's favor. I need a really big dose of it right now.

...His favor lasts a lifetime...

...Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain...

So that will be my prayer as I go through this brief night. And I will expect joy to come in the morning.

2 comments:

Cooper Strange said...

Why do we always end up on the Psalms? Only because they are the heart felt prayers of those who have experienced this life before us. We do not always need all the Psalms, but we seem to always need a particular Psalm. I have found the Psalms leading me through prayers and thoughts I had not really hit on myself.

Bea said...

God's promise---YOU HAVE FAVOR WITH GOD AND MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've prayed it over you for years, even before you were born!! "You can't lose with the stuff we use"!!!!!
Hey, Cooper, you beat me to the punch--No fair being a day ahead all the way around the world. "Small world isn't it" Blessings to you and your sweet family serving so far away, yet so near. The Spirit knows no boundaries.