Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Job 40

I need to put my hand over my mouth more often than I do. I like how after the two chapter rant, God pauses to give Job a chance to say something and Job realizes he's already said too much. He cannot answer. He won't say anymore.

God has asked me to do some really hard things. The hardest are the things I am having to say no to that I really want to do. I feel like I'm letting people down. I feel like I'm shirking my commitments. But I hear God demanding an answer of me for the things I have committed to Him. And it doesn't matter what I have to give up or who won't understand. This is the Creator of the universe we're talking about here. What He says, goes.

In the next days and weeks, I'm going to have to have His power and direction carry me. I am speechless and have nothing to add to what God has said. I need to stop rowing and put up my sails. Listening to God is hard. Obeying Him is even harder. But we are not worthy. And we can't talk back to Him. We must listen and obey. No matter what.

0 comments: