Friday, July 31, 2009

Job 42

I have a lot of retracting to do. Too often I speak about things I don't understand. In ways that overlook the knowledge I have of God's tremendous power over all things. When I worry or get upset about my situation, I am forgetting that God is sovereign and strong. I know that God can do all things and that no purpose of His can be thwarted.

But on days when I'm waiting in discomfort or even all-out pain, I still need to make sure my speech and even thoughts and actions do not malign God's character and goodness. God held Job's friends accountable for all of the disparaging things they said about Him. Job alone kept focused on the fact that even in his desperate situation that surely seemed unfair and cruel (as it can seem even from reading it) that overall, God is large and in charge.

This is not a God I have just heard of with my ears, I have seen Him countless times with my own eyes. I have experienced the gracious and glorious plans of God. So my own experience discounts any doubts I could ever have. Any thoughts that some ill-willed person could mess His plans up. I know that God can do all things and that no purpose of His can be thwarted. So I just need to live like it.

0 comments: