Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Acts 5

If their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men. You will only find yourself fighting against God.

That advice has come across my mind many times recently. There are so many directions things in my life could go. Some I feel fairly strongly about but most I think could go just fine either way. But in the discussion and debate about them all, I keep thinking of this. I believe that I can hear from God. Maybe not to the degree that Peter did when he called Ananias out. But I do hear Him and His Spirit in my gives me discernment in matters that are in my area of calling. So, if I truly believe that the point I'm arguing is God's plan anyway, I have been able to really let off the gas and just ease off. I know that if it is in fact from God, no one will be able to thwart Him. And, if it really was just me or my idea or my agenda or some other off-mission direction, it will fail. It has been really freeing.

But again, thinking of the amazing picture of the Church this book gives us, the part in the middle about them being highly regarded and more people believing daily and ALL of those that were brought to them being healed. That's that part that stirs me the most. THAT is how God equipped the Church to draw people to His message. His miracle-working power is what will grab the world's attention. Not a snappy song set or the right lighting or even great programming and planning.

LORD, stir up your Church and let us pray for miracles that will bring glory and honor to you. Descend on us in your power and change us. Make us your beautiful glorious bride.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing it in other countries---may America's church arise and awaken---and yep, that's US.