Friday, September 18, 2009

Isaiah 40

Verse 26 is one of my favorite verses about God. I talk to my kids sometimes about the stars. It's hard to imagine when I sit inside with electric lighting bow much more intimate I would be with God's creative majesty spread across the heavens if it weren't for our modern conveniences. But He is still there.

He calls forth the starry host one by one and calls them each by name. Scientists long ago resorted to numbering the tiny fraction of a percentage we've even charted and identified.

Because of Him, not one of them is missing. We wouldn't even know if a million disappeared right as we were looking.

He is the everlasting God. He is everything this chapter describes and yet it ends with a reminder that He lovingly helps the weak and weary. Wow. That amazing Creator loves me. I hope you feel His love today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I needed that today!!!!