Thursday, October 8, 2009

Acts 22

One thing no one can refute is your own personal story of how your life collided with God. Paul was faced with a volatile crowd and so, he just told his story. Have you ever thought about your story? Whether or not it contains instances of blinding light or audible voices, it is still an undeniable force. When your story merges with God's story, something powerful happens to it.

But, check out verse 22. Just because you tell your story doesn't mean that from here on out everything will be rosy. Things still went from bad to worse for Paul. But in the last lines of this chapter we see that it was all a set-up. Paul now had another audience to speak to. Even after Paul's arrest in Jerusalem here, God blessed his willingness to share his story by continuing to set up a series of opportunities to share it over and over with more and more people.

You have a story too. Have you told it recently? Who needs to hear it? Who could you tell it to this week?

1 comments:

Bea said...

If there is one thing I do is tell my story---it seems like on most any topic you bring up, I have a story of how God "bailed us out" or guided us through, or just was so very faithful. Can't even imagine going through life without HIM!!! Now, I would have to say telling my story gets me into trouble at times, but like the old hymn I learned as a a child says, "I Love to Tell the Story".